01 May Vegan Chocolate Cake
This moist and rich cake has been a firm favourite ever since it was introduced in 2017 at Humdingers. It’s simple to make, but packed full of sweetness and flavour. It’ll go down a chocolatey treat with everyone!
400g Plain Flour
400g Caster Sugar
120g Cocoa Powder
14g (2 round tsp) bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp salt
160ml vegetable oil
10ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
10ml (2 tsp) distilled white vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180C in a standard oven, 170C in a fan assisted oven and Gas Mark 4 in a gas oven.
- Lightly grease a 24cm round cake tin with a little vegetable oil.
- Sieve together the flour, sugar, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a bowl.
- Gradually fold in the vegetable oil, vanilla, vinegar and water.
- Continue to mix together until glossy and smooth.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a pick in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and serve with a dusting of icing sugar and vegan chocolate flakes or coconut yoghurt and mixed berries.