01 May Wilted Greens, Spiced Chickpea Salad with Lemon & Tahini Dressing
This has been one of our most requested recipes to date, colourful with a light spicy kick, its perfect for a spring BBQ table or picnic! What’s more it is both vegan and gluten free.
First make the Lemon & Tahini Dressing
2 tbsp tahini
1 tsp/ A pinch of chilli pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
- Place the tahini in a bowl and whisk in the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and chilli powder.
- Keep whisking until the dressing reaches the consistency of a runny mayonnaise and set aside.
For the chickpeas
2 400g tins of chickpeas, drained
2 level tsp smoked paprika
1 level tsp ground cumin
Salt & pepper to season
- Heat a large frying pan and add the chickpeas without oil.
- Sprinkle on the paprika and cumin and dry-fry until well-coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and take off the heat to cool to room temperature.
1 bunch of kale
100g cherry tomatoes
4 spring onions
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- To prepare the kale, blanche in boiling salted water for 90 seconds before dunking it straight into cold water to refresh. Shake off or use a colander to remove excess water and chop the kale.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and thinly slice the spring onions.
- Gently toss together the chickpeas, kale, tomatoes and spring onions and extra virgin olive oil and drizzle with the prepared tahini dressing to finish.