We are looking for a confident, self-motivated hospitality professional to join our small but growing team in Hoxton. We have an extensive portfolio of high-profile clients spanning high fashion, media and corporate industries as well as numerous private weddings across the Capital.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading but fast-growing event caterer. The role would suit an individual with a background in hospitality, restaurants, hotels or contract catering who’s looking to take the next step in pursuing their career & developing industry skills.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent (Flexible)
Salary: £10 to £12 per hour (DOE)
Benefits: Lunch provided daily, Unlimited beverages, Pension contributions, Holiday pay.
Office / back of house: 40%
Front-of-house management and events operations: 40%
Pro-active / outbound sales: 20%
– Hospitality & Front of House experience with solid knowledge of the events industry (2+ Years)
– Great interpersonal skills, able to communicate with staff, clients and high-profile VIP’s.
– Proactive, adaptable with a hands-on approach
– Computer savvy – Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM, Finance
– Epic problem-solving skills, able to think on your feet, is a must!
– Natural flair for networking, self-driven and enthusiastic about success in their role
– Flexible with hours, as there will be early starts & late finishes at different events.
– Excellent command of the English language – written & verbally
– Full, clean UK Driving license for over 1 year.
– Located near the Shoreditch / East London area.
– Available for immediate start.
Please submit an up to date CV & covering letter, detailing why you’d be perfect for the role.
Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Our founder Robert started Humdingers with a simple vision of bringing unpretentious but delicious food to as many people as possible.
Having cut his teeth in some of the best restaurants in London, including L’Escargot and the River Café, he broke out on his own with a cake stall in Stoke Newington, selling homemade cakes to hungry locals. Within six months he had moved to a larger kitchen to start a sandwich and salad delivery service for the local NHS walk-in centres.
A year later, Robert had the opportunity to transform a-thousand-square-foot space within Rosemary Works in Hoxton, into a fully equipped kitchen and office space; and this is where Humdingers Catering began.
Five years on, its thriving success meant that Humdingers Catering needed a bigger and better HQ, and so in 2011 it moved into its new home on Hoxton Street.
Humdingers Catering has since flourished into a popular catering company, catering for weddings, events, location shoots, fashion houses, studios and corporate companies all across London.